I think licensed periodicals in the classroom are very important for students. I think the earlier in a student’s school life you are exposed to licensed periodical databases the easier doing research papers and homework assignments will be for the student. Knowing how to do searches, while not brain surgery, is still critical to the success of locating what your looking for in the most efficient manner possible.
I was somewhat overwhelmed at first, going through the different periodical databases, but after a while became more comfortable at doing searches.
Apparently, there is a lot to know on the different databases available and what they are used for. I think it is important for teachers to be knowledgeable on this subject to be able to relay and teach their students effective ways of researching information.
It is also important for students, because website searching may not be a reliable resource and may require additional time for research.
When doing research it is important to have key words for your topic and remember that practice helps in becoming comfortable at searching for information. I also learned how important it is to know the different databases available for the topic being researched and how the results are affected.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment